Tuesday 6 April 2010

Final Main Article

I decided to go with a simplistic article background straight off the bat when I took this picture. The picture is of my main artist in the park playing the guitar. It makes him look natural. The clothes he is wearing look casual suggesting he's like everyone else, not a celebrity but just a normal person giving the reader a sense of approachability. The text itself is in size 11 in the font Britannic Bold which is the same font I've used for everything else which keeps everything consistant and not confuse the reader.
Making the main artist the centre of the page makes him the most important thing and it draws the readers eyes towards him.
The floating quote was added to have audiences easily relate to him because they may feel that music is their life too.
The title of the article is called "Strings, Strum and Soul." the alliteration instantly hooks the readers making it easily memorable. Strings standing for the strings of the guitar, Strum standing for the actual playing of the guitar, and Soul for the actually genre he plays or it could be that playing his music affects him spirtually.
The actual font has a black outline around it so it doesn't melt to the background and look tacky.
The questions are in subheadings which are above every answer to section each text. I felt it was important to use the right register so my audience don't become to overwhelmed with everything on the page. I had to keep it simple and sophisticated and I believe I've done this with the black shadowing around the text. When writing the article I had to make sure I wasn't using slang or colloquialisms because my target audience are of a matue age range so it is mostly all in standard english with some exceptions because I'm still trying to target younger people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment